An easy to bake moist chocolate cake which is vegan, eggless, dairy free, and gluten free. There is No Maida, No Eggs, No Milk, and No Butter in this recipe. No one would believe that it is dairy free and has jaggery as the sweetener.
Below are the links to few good ingredient brands available.
Organic Jaggery Powder-
Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) –
Pure Vanilla Extract –
Organic Ragi Flour –
White Vinegar (Natural) –
1.5 Cup – Ragi Flour (Finger/Red Millet Flour)
1/2 Cup – Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
1 Cup – Organic Jaggery Powder
1 Cup – Lukewarm Water
1/2 Cup – Sunflower Oil (Any Neutral Flavored Vegetable Oil)
3/4 tsp – Baking Soda
1/2 tsp – Salt
1 tbsp – Vanilla Extract
2tsp – White Vinegar
Few Tips and Notes:
1. Ensure the jaggery powder is dissolved completely in lukewarm water before adding it to the flour.
2. You can substitute lemon juice for white vinegar. Although, I haven’t tried it, it should give the same result. You can experiment and see how it turns out
3. I have baked this cake in a cooker as well. It turned out very soft and moist. Pre-heat a thick bottomed pan/cooker with salt at the base for 15 minutes. Bake the cake for 50 minutes on low heat.
4. If your cake is not baked evenly, reduce the baking temperature and bake it for more time.
5. I avoid using Aluminium, Non Stick, Teflon coated, Anodized cookware wherever it is possible. So, you can also bake with stainless steel and other healthier alternative cookware/bakeware and make a healthier start.