Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to stop eating cookies, just learn how to make a healthier version that tastes good and ultimately is better for you in the long run. So here’s a delicious, gluten free garbanzo chocolate chip cookie I learned few years back.
Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Garbanzo Beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup of peanut butter, without oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I use ‘Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips’)
Quarter cup of maple syrup
Sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Open, rinse and drain canned garbanzo beans
2. In a food processor, add garbanzo beans, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, baking powder; blend until a dough forms, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer dough into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
4. Make cookies into bite size balls or flatten them for a more traditional cookie.
5. Preheat oven at 350 F and bake cookies for 15 minutes.