Start your holiday baking off right with vegan aquafaba minty meringue cookies! If you have never worked with aquafaba before (or even heard of it) its time to pull your head out of the sand and get whipping! Aquafaba is that gross brine from a can of chick peas. Don’t throw it out! It whips up just like egg whites and makes wonderful treats like meringue cookies. These mint meringues are easy to whip up, require no baking mix and only three ingredients, and can be piped into any form or shape you please 😉
Minty meringues are just one flavour option! Go for any extract or flavoured oil you can get your hands on. Be sure to not deflate them by adding in the flavours or colours! Watch the video to see how these crisp colours are achieved, and remain completely vegan!
– 1/2 cup aquafaba from a can (the stuff from boiling your own is just not concentrated enough!)
– 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (stabilizer)
– 3/4 cup white vegan granulated sugar
– green and red gel food colours (we use Wilton)
– 1 tsp peppermint extract or two drops of food grade peppermint oil (we prefer the oil but the call is totally yours!)
GET SOCIAL WITH DOLLED UP DESSERTS