GET THE RECIPE:
Quick vegan pepperoni to fool any meat-eater. Respect the sausage!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 sausage – enough for 2-3 meals)
100g Vital wheat gluten
1 tsp Cracked black pepper (I actually did do 47 twists of the grinder)
1 tsp Crushed chillies
1.5 tsp Mustard powder
1 (conservative) tsp Salt
2 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Garlic powder
0.5-1 tsp Mild chilli powder
100g (100ml) cold water
1 Tbsp oil (I used olive)
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the dry ingredients
2. Separately, mix together the wet ingredients until the puree has completely dissolved.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, use a spoon to combine them. Once a dough starts to form, use your hands to bring everything together.
4. Fashion the dough into a sausage shape, tightly roll up in a sheet of foil and twist the ends of the foil like a sweet wrapper as tight as you can. It can help to fold the ends of the foil over to prevent unraveling.
5. Get a pan of water simmering and stem your sausage for 45 mins.
6. Once steamed, unwrap from the foil, and allow to cool to room temperature. Then wrap in cling film, a zip-loc or tupperware and keep in the fridge until completely cooled.
7. Slice into classic pepperoni slices for pizza or into bigger chunks to add to pasta dishes or similar.
VISIT THE RECIPE WEBPAGE FOR MORE