This Raw Chocolate Orange Vegan Cake is a tender, naturally sweetened, and topped with an orange cashew frosting. Free from gluten, eggs, dairy.
For the Crust:
¾ cup dried prunes, soaked in water for 20 minutes
1 cup walnuts soaked overnight
3 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 20 minutes
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
For the Filling:
2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
Grated orange zest from one orange
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup cacao butter, melted
¼ tsp pink salt
1 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
1. Prepare 7-inch round cake springform and line it with baking paper or transparent kitchen foil.
2. To make the crust, first put the walnuts in your food processor and process until you get finely ground walnuts. Add shredded coconut, dates, dried prunes, cacao powder, and continue mixing until you get the compact mixture.
3. Transfer the mixture into prepared cake pan and use your fingers to press it into the bottom of the pan. Set aside until you prepare the filling.
4. To make the filling, put all the filling ingredients into your blender and blend for about 2 minutes until it’s smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the filling over the crust and let set in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the filling sets and than transfer to the refrigerator.
6. Decorate the cake to your liking. I sprinkled with cocoa powder and used VEGAN MARZIPAN TRUFFLES (recipe you can find on my Instagram ) and almonds to decorate.
★ Get More Raw Vegan Recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
Raw Pistachio, Coconut & Lime Cheesecake
★ My Links: